Not quite sure if this course is for you? Maybe there's something you would like to study that we don't currently offer? Either way get in touch and let us know. We will answer any questions you have and even listen to your own suggestions on future course considerations.
This class is all about techniques. During the class, we will teach you how to prepare and cover a Sponge base, fruit base and dummy cakes, producing a professional smooth finish. You will then learn how to safely dowel and stack the layers to create a Tiered American Style (Stacked) Cake. This technique can be use for many tiers. On day 2 you will be shown the new wafer paper Bark effect technique which you will embellish 2 tiers of your cake. to complete the weekend we will be producing a large sugar rose and hydragea petal arrangement to adorn your completed cake. A fantastic course if you are embarking on your first ever wedding cake. Take away your own three tier masterpiece to impress your family and friends. Why not make this your wedding cake?
· How to prepare your sponge cake, including how to split, cut and perfectly level a cake ready to work on.
· How to apply a crumb coat to the cake and an explanation of why this is necessary.
· How to prepare a fruit base and cover with marzipan
· How to produce the new wafer paper bark effect.
· How to work with dowels and other specialist tools.
· How to use petal paste, flower cutters and various professional equipment.
· How to use food colouring properly and explain the differences between paste, gel, liquid and powder colours.
· How to work with a dummy cake and achieve a PERFECT finish (many professional tiered cakes have several dummy layers so this is an essential skill if you intend to make cakes with several tiers).
· How to cover a cake in sugarpaste and the tricks behind a clean finish and properly securing the paste (no more bumpy bits).
· How to stack cakes properly so they are secure, straight and neat.
· How to properly use ribbons to decorate cakes and board.
· How to cover a board
· Make a large sugar rose and hydragea petal spray
This course is held in our new teaching facility “The Studio”. Free Car parking is available very nearby. “The Studio” is situated within yards of the local Bus Station and Taxi Rank, with only a 5 minute walk to the Train Station.
Course Times: Starting at 10:00 and finish around 16:30
Date: Available as a 1.2.1. on request (Next weekend course 2019)
Course included: The course price includes everything you need to decorate your cake. A fruit base, sponge base and dummy plus all boards will also be provided. We will provide all the, materials, all sugarcraft tools, equipment and refreshments. Students can take advantage of 10% discount on items purchased in the cake decorating supplies shop on the day of your course.
What you need to bring:
You need to bring an apron, a box to transport you masterpiece home and your enthusiasm. This is a full day class so please bring your lunch.
By booking this course you agree to our Terms & Conditions.